Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Favorites for Fall

Makeup Your Mind's Fall Favorites || makingup-your-mind.blogspot.com
When I love a product, I want to tell you guys about it. So I thought I'd do a collective post about all the things I'm loving this fall. As I've stated before, I looooove a pretty deep plum or red this fall, and I'm rocking it from head to toe! You can't go wrong with those colors on your nails, lips, clothes.. even cranberry eyes are big this fall! So before I started I wanted to mention those colors in general as "favorites". But now my list of other items I've been getting tons of use out of:

1. Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in "Just Peachy" 
I wasn't a big fan of the original Baby Lips, especially the neon ones. I'm more of a Burt's Bees kinda girl, I like a minty taste/smell/feel and nothing fruity. I picked up the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised. Apparently some people have an issue with the menthol smell but I actually liked that part, plus it goes away in less than a minute. The big shocker was the pigmentation. I got the Just Peachy because it was the only one that wasn't too pink or bright. Not only is it hydrating and soft as usual, it left a really sheer (but noticeable) light color on my lips that really gave the look of an effortless nude lip! This will definitely be a staple for me this fall. 

2. Revlon ColorStay Polish in "Rich Raspberry" 
First of all, just know that a favorite of mine in general is Revlon ColorStay polish. I have about 5 from that line and they really are the longest lasting polishes I own... as in, lasts almost 2 weeks! Right now I'm rocking "Fall Mood" but the "Rich Raspberry" is such a great polish because it's not too daring (if you don't like crazy dark polishes) but a great version of fall's hit color!

3. CoverGirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation
I've had this foundation since summer, and haven't been wearing it lately because my summer shade was too dark. I recently picked up a shade lighter, and fell in love with it all over again! I had been noticing my Revlon Colorstay foundation had been breaking up later in the day, and making me look a lot more oily than normal, so I thought it was a good time to change it up. I'm so glad I did! It claims to be a primer, concealer, and foundation all in one. I do still apply concealer, but I would definitely believe the primer part of it because of its lasting power. It feels thin and lightweight but definitely gives medium coverage! 

4. Victoria's Secret Angel "Dream" Perfume
I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm not a perfume kind of person. Don't get me wrong, I want to be, but I think I have weird body chemistry or something. I'll like a perfume in the bottle or on other people, but it never smells the same on me! So I've kind of given up on finding one I like. But on an impromptu visit to VS with my mom, we instantly liked what we smelled when we walked in. I asked what the perfume was, the sales girl showed me, and I bought it right away. Which is so not like me! I haven't bought myself a perfume in years, most of the scents I have are Christmas or birthday gifts. But I'm so glad I bought it. It actually smells nice on me and the scent lasts all day. I've gotten tons of compliments on it, so if I find out its limited edition, I'm definitely picking up a back-up! 

5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush
I've already mentioned the Kissable Balm Stain in this post. I'm still rocking it and still loving it! I keep wanting to pick it up in more colors but for some reason I can't make a decision on which ones I want. But in general, I love the wearability, the color, the shine, and the way it feels on my lips! Go read more about it on my lip stain post, and pick one up for yourself!

6. Archer Farms Dark Chocolate Espresso Trail Mix
Okay, okay. I know it's not a beauty item, but its sooo good I think its worth mentioning! I came across it randomly in Target and couldn't say no. It's a yummy mix of chocolate covered almonds, praline almonds, mocha pecans, chocolate chips, hazelnuts and chocolate covered coffee beans. YUM! When I first tried it I wasn't sure if I loved it, but the next day I ended up finishing the bag. Whoops. If you're a coffee and chocolate lover, you need this trail mix. 

7. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
I try not to include too many high-end items because I know they aren't practical for everyone. This is one of those items I kept checking out, smelling, feeling, and testing in Ulta but kept resisting because it was pricey. But I finally gave in one day and bought it and I'm so glad. First of all, go smell it and you'll see why. It has an amazing chocolate smell (hence the name) and it is sooo yummy. Besides the smell, though, it has a creamy, not chalky, texture and goes on smooth. I was so afraid it would look orange on my skin, but it definitely doesn't. Its a matte color so perfect for contouring or just warming up your foundation.

Ahhh I tried so hard to not be long-winded about these products, but like I said, when I like something I just wanna talk about it! I love hearing from other people, too, and would love to hear what items you've been loving lately, beauty and non-beauty! 

Birchbox Update

I wanted to give a quick update to my Birchbox post. You can read all about it here. They left an item out of my box, no biggie, but I sent them an email anyway because I really wanted to try it. So they quickly responded and let me know they'd be sending me an replacement item. I got the replacement yesterday, and I was not happy :( It was sent in a thin paper envelop with a thin bubble wrap layer inside.. as soon as I saw it I worried it may be broken and I was right. The highlighter pencil was cracked all over, the lid was so bent I cant remove it, and the tip (the highlighter itself) came out and partially melted inside of the cap. Grrrr. So once again, I emailed the same customer service rep that I dealt with previously, and she apologized and offered to send me a whole new box for free to make up for it. So although I was a tad bit frustrated, I was very happy with their response and resolution to the issue. So I'll be updating you again once I get my box to show you what's in it.. what's better than a bonus Birchbox, right?! 

If you're unsure about ordering a Birchbox, don't let my experience scare you. I've actually had nothing but a positive experience with them for over 6 months now, this is the first time I've had an issue, and like I said, their customer service was actually very understanding and helpful. 

To see another November Birchbox with different items, check out my friend Denise's post about her Birchbox items here. She usually gets different items than in my box, and gave a detailed description of the products she got. So check her out to see what other products Birchbox has to offer! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment