Saturday, November 16, 2013

Brushes on a Budget!


brushes on a budget! best makeup brushes under $10 - makingup-your-mind.blogspot.com
The makeup tools you use are as important as the makeup itself. There are a lot of expensive brushes out there (Sigma, MAC, and Bobbi Brown, to name a few) and yes, a lot of times they are worth the investment, but there are other basics out there that can be just as amazing, and don't drain your wallet. As you can see, Real Techniques Brushes are some of my favorites, and you can't go wrong with their line. They have lots of sets and travel sets, with brushes that I love as well, but only come in a set, so keep reading to find more about my favorite brush sets! Here's my top favorite brushes, all under $10! 

1. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, $9
It took me a while to get used to this brush because its so dense. It almost feels as if you're just smearing a layer of foundation around on the surface, which seemed weird at first, but I quickly saw that it made for an amazing, flawless result. Perfect for any liquid foundation.

2. Eco Tools Large Powder Brush, $8
This is the softest, fluffiest brush I own. I love it so much, I bought a second one for backup. I use it to apply my setting powder directly after my foundation, and it allows the powder to glide on smoothly without affecting my foundation. Definitely a must-have.

3. Real Techniques Blush Brush, $9
I don't see many blush brushes with this unique dome shape. It makes for precise application and perfect for just hitting the apples of your cheeks, or anywhere else, plus its really soft. Can also be used for bronzer.

4. Real Techniques Contour Brush
This brush is only available in the Core Collection set. I'll talk more about my favorite sets later in this post. Like the blush brush, it has a dome shape, (but is much smaller) and is perfect for contouring in the hollows of your cheeks, or apply a highlighter. I've even used it to blend my under-eye concealer, and even though that isn't its purpose at all, it works well for both! 

5. Elf Essentials Blending Brush, $1
This is why I love Elf.. $1!! You can't beat the price, especially since the brush is actually pretty nice. Its a really great crease brush, and the perfect size to do it all. I have noticed a tiny bit of shedding, but considering you can buy a new one for a buck, it just doesn't bother me that much. 

6. Real Techniques Shading Brush, $6
I love, love, love this brush. That's all you need to know, right?! I use it for lots of things, mainly for applying a darker shade to my outer corner; but I also use it to smudge out my eyeliner when I want a smokier outer corner, or smudge it out to make a more natural, imprecise line. You'll probably find lots of uses for it as well! 
It was hard for me to make this list without mentioning sets. A lot of the brushes I use came in sets and aren't sold individually so I wanted to include those as well. And they're by- surprise, surprise- Real Techniques and Eco Tools! 

1. Real Techniques Core Collection 
Includes: (L-R)
Countour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detailer Brush, Buffing Brush
-- I obviously already included the Contour Brush, but this set is definitely worth mentioning because of the Buffing Brush. Its my other favorite foundation brush. I had this one before the Expert Face Brush and was my first experience with RT brushes. Its amazing for creme foundations, but works well with liquids as well. You can create such a flawless look, especially with Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation, by buffing it in with circular motions. The other 2 brushes are unique and I've found multiple uses for them (from applying concealer to applying setting powder). Oh and it also comes with the travel case! The set is $18 and can be purchased here or in-store at Ulta.

2. Eco Tools Mineral Set
Includes: (L-R)
Mineral Powder Brush, Concealer Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Mini Kabuki
-- The Eye Shading brush is my "everything" brush. It wasn't included in my list, mainly because it can only be bought in the set, and unfortunately its hard to find in stores. I use this brush for EV-ER-EE-THING. Its perfect for applying all-over color, but the shape is perfect for the crease, and for blending. I like the Kabuki because it really is mini, and perfect for travel. This set comes in the case you see pictured, and is also great for travel, or a great place to store lipsticks in your purse! The set retails for only $10 and can be purchased here, or in-store at WalMart, Rite Aid, or other drugstores (if you can find it!)

If you've tried any of these, let me know! I'd love to hear if you like them or not, or if there are any other inexpensive brushes out there that have made the cut! Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. real techniques are amazing, ur right!! xxx never tried eco tools tho !
    please check out my blog xx http://izbizzz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE EcoTools brushes! can't imagine being without them!

    ReplyDelete