Saturday, November 9, 2013

November Birchbox

First of all, before I even start, it occurred to me that some of you may not even know what Birchbox is. So, for my first Birchbox unboxing and review, let me break it down..

What is it? Birchbox is a subscription box. Each month you receive a box in the mail with 5-6 samples. The majority of the samples are beauty items, but in each box there is one non-beauty item. You get to customize your box by filling out your profile and letting them know what you are/aren't interested in. It also finds out the basics like your hair type, skin type, health preference, etc. 
How much? $10 a month, or $110 if you pay for the whole year, which saves you $10. For every person you refer you can wrack up points, which turn into dollars toward their full-size versions of the products on their website. 
Why I like it: Birchbox is a great opportunity to try new brands or products. Since I've been subscribed I've discovered brands that I don't like, and things that I did like, and ended up repurchasing. Last month I received a Chapstick brand chapstick (hydration lock) and loved it so much I bought another. The "extra" non-beauty item is usually fun too. I've gotten everything from hair bands to bon bons.
How can I get it? Unfortunately they have a waiting list. According to their website the wait is 2 weeks at the moment, which isn't too bad (I think I waited a month!). You can sign up, and when your wait is over, you have a window of time to subscribe and pay for your box. Sign up here!

November's box was a good one. I've had good months and bad months; but this month I was almost 100% satisfied.... almost. Unfortunately they forgot an item! This has never happened to me in all the months I've been subscribed. I contacted them immediately, and I'm hoping they will resolve the issue. From what I've heard/read, they have wonderful customer service and almost always resolve issues easily and promptly. So here's hoping! I'll update you on their response. (They say it can take 3 business days)

Each box comes with a card with all the items you received, with a brief description and full retail price. The first item on my card is the one that is missing, which I was bummed about because I don't own a highlighter pencil and that sounds exciting! 

This was the cute inside when I opened everything up. The blue 'pouch' contained 2 items, and the box had the rest. 

The deets: [from L-R]
TOCCA Crema de Mano in Cleopatra (hand cream). Smells AMAZING and my hands feel really moisturized. Full-Size, $8-$20
Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. Full-Size, $34
Chuao Honeycomb 'Chocopod' (a chocolate bar). Made with premium cocao.
Full size, $9.95 for a pk of 8
Coor Club nail polish in "Top Shelf" from the new "Cocktail Hour Collection"
I was excited about this one the most because I LOVE Color Club polishes. The color in my box is a gorgeous champagne color called "Top Shelf" 



The missing item was a Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil which claims to illuminate, brighten, and contour and can be applied 10 different ways. The full-size price is $18. Hopefully the issue will be resolved and I'll be able to try it! 

I apologize for the crappy photography.. it definitely isn't my strong suit. But I hope you got the general idea of what goes into a Birchbox. Its always fun for me to get and open, its like a present once a month! You can cancel your subscription at any time, so its worth a try to see if its for you or not! The link to sign up is listed above. Hope you enjoyed!

1 comments:

  1. Katie, do you get anything for referring friends? You should refer me if you do, I love Christmas once a month!

    ReplyDelete