Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Best Dry Shampoo: Full Review on Batiste Dry Shampoo

Dry Shampoo Review/Recommendation | makingup-your-mind.blogspot.com



Yesterday's post was all about the best and worst dry shampoos, out of the ones I've tried anyway. There are some really fancy-schmancy, expensive dry shampoos out there, which I'm sure work great, but I happen to love my much cheaper option. 

I first heard about Batiste dry shampoo in the YouTube world. After hearing so much about it, and trying other brands, I had to see for myself whether it lived up to the hype or not. The answer, of course, was yes. It does live up to the hype.. its everything they said it was! It does its #1 job, absorbing excess hair oil, all while adding extra lift and boost. 

The good: Like I said, it does it's job and more. I use it even when my hair doesn't really need to be washed, just to add some extra lift. It does a great job of "sucking" up all the oils and making my hair look good as new. Be sure to check back to the end of yesterday's post on how to use dry shampoo properly, to get the most out of the product! 

The bad: The only bad thing about some of the Batiste shampoos I've tried is the smell, but they aren't all bad. There are tons of variations and smells, some good, some not so good. I like to stick to "fresh" or "original" because they're just basic, clean scents. Its definitely a long-lasting smell too. I used the shampoo this morning and I can still smell it almost 8 hours later.. so be sure to get a scent you like, because if not you're stuck with it! "Wild" has the cutest leopard print bottle, but unfortunately the worst scent. (Unless you like smelling like old lady perfume!) 

Batiste is available at Ulta; however, I have the best luck at Marshalls or TJ Maxx! I can usually find the 2 scents I use the most, and they're always a couple dollars cheaper. They retail around $8.. and don't forget to get the mini bottle to keep in your purse! Mine has come in handy way more than I expected. 

Oh-- and one more thing. I've heard lots of brunettes say they can't use dry shampoo because it leaves a white cast on their dark hair. But Batiste found a way to fix that! They came out with a line for brunettes and blondes... I have definitely seen one for red hair (or at least a reddish-brown as opposed to the dark-deep brown) but I haven't seen that on their website or on Ulta's website so I'm not sure if they discontinued it :( The brunette version has a slight brown tint to it to avoid that white powdery effect. I like to use the blonde version for when my roots grow out and I haven't been able to make a trip to the salon. It surprisingly makes my roots like much lighter and less obvious!

So, as you can see, I'd definitely recommend this product. It works for thin hair like mine, thick hair, blondes, brunettes and there are tons of options for everyone, plus they're constantly adding new scents. Go pick it up, and maybe try it on clean hair to get the hang of it. Or try it on a day you wont really be going out, to see if you like it first. Once you try it and love it (like I know you will), you'll start going through a can every few weeks, like me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment