Monday, November 25, 2013

Starter Makeup Kit for Beginners on a Budget

Starter makeup for beginners on a budget! | makingup-your-mind.blogspot.com
We all have to start somewhere when it comes to makeup, so I have a list of 8 essentials for a beginner makeup kit. I wont go into too much detail about each product, because they all made my list for the same essential reason: they're easy to find, cheap, easy to use, and good quality. They also all make for a nice, natural look which I think is what each beginner should strive for: a natural face. I put them in the general order in which they should be applied (although if you want to apply your lip balm before the rest of your face.. go right ahead!) I've actually talked about a lot of these products before, so I'll include a link to each post where the item was mentioned. Here we go!

1. CoverGirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation, $11 [click]
-use with #8 foundation brush to apply 
2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, $7
3. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder $4 [click]
4. e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, $3
-a great dupe for the Nars Laguna/Orgasm combo I talked about here
5. Wet n Wild Coloricon Eye Shadow, $3
-shown in "walking on egg shells" but any palette from this line is amazing
6. Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Mascara, $7 [click]
7. Baby Lips (original) or Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, $4 [click]
-some people love the original, some people don't. some people love the dr. rescue, some people don't. so I thought I'd include both and you can see what you like. 
8. Real Technique Brushes, $6-$9 [click]
-used to apply the foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, and eye shadow 

Stay tuned for a look featuring these products! I left off eyeliner, because I know a lot of beginners feel intimidated by it. And to be honest, I think its best to start off using a darker eye shadow and play around with it to line your eyes. There are lots of good affordable eyeliners out there, but sometimes the quality of the liner depends on the person using it. So if you're a beginner, try some eye liners and see what works best for your skill level! Have a great day everyone! 

5 comments:

  1. Um, yes, I would like most of this stuff in my stocking, please. and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment was from MOM....I couldn't figure out any other way to post, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty treatments also include the shaping and treating of finger and toe nails that is referred to as manicure and pedicure, respectively and the cutting and styling of hair and the coloring too Eyelash Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the newbie’s out there you must have buy a List of Makeup Items for Beginners before stepping in the world of Makeup and Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Primers are the photoshop of the makeup world. They're used underneath eyeshadow, foundation, tinted moisturizer, and mascara to create a smoothing effect that enhances makeup coverage and helps your makeup stay on longer — all while targeting concerns like oily or dry skin.
    makeup kit price in pakistan

    ReplyDelete