This might get a little personal.. but what makes you feel sexier than lacy, pretty lingerie? Don't blush! Seriously, it might not be something you treat yourself with often, but when you do put on something that makes you look great, it can be empowering- and of course since my brain is makeup-wired, the only other thing to make you feel even sexier is the right makeup to pair it with. Sooo.. I teamed up with Adore Me and created two separate looks- something bold & spicy and something more soft & sultry.
This is more my style. soft, feminine, but still sexy. False lashes make a flirty statement (these are demi whispys, use any kind you'd like!) and top them off with Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (name is fitting, right?). To create the perfect sultry look, use Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette for a natural smoky eye. Pair it with a nude lip or gloss.. and voila!
Go check out Adore Me & you'll be sure to find something that fits your inner goddess ;) Whether its something sexy, girly, spicy, red, black, just find something that makes you feel amazing, pair it with the perfect makeup look, and most importantly, be confident!
I'm not totally against a real tan, although I do take sun safety seriously. To be honest, it just hasn't been consistently warm enough here to lay out or go to the beach to get a real tan! So when my sister told me about Arbonne's Liquid Sunshine self tanner, I was all about it, because I'm really tired of having pale legs.
First of all, I'm lucky enough to tan easily, without burning, so I've never been a self-tan kind of girl. I hate seeing people walk around with orange streaky feet and legs, with orange palms. But she assured me that it is actually easy to use and not orange like some other self tanners, so I gave in and tried it.
Here were her instructions:
- shave, exfoliate, and moisturize first. yes, cover yourself in regular lotion BEFORE applying the tanner, if your skin is patchy, dry, or scaly, the tanner is going to cling to those areas, as with any fake tan.
- shake tanner bottle well
- use a generous amount and rub in well. apply lightly to knees, ankles, and feet. (one tip I've read is to mix tanner with regular lotion for these areas. it makes the tanner less effective and doesn't look streaky or blotchy at all)
- wash hands well to remove all tanner off of hands
- let dry completely before putting clothes on
As you can see, I had great results! I was so pleased, especially for someone who isn't into tanners. I wasn't orange at all, the color was very even. And the best part was that I saw results in 2 hours (actually a little less). It was easy to use, although I will say you should still be careful and deliberate, don't just rub it on and go. be mindful of the ankle and foot area.. I wasn't as careful with my ankles and did notice the back of my ankle was a little darker/uneven, but I blame myself because I didn't really moisturize that area as well and I wasn't that careful while applying.
My plan was to do a second application the next day, but when I woke up I realized I didn't really need a second application. The color developed a bit more overnight and I was the exact color I wanted to be (I tried taking pictures but because of the natural lighting in my house that day my legs actually looked a couple shades lighter). My first application was on Wednesday, today is Saturday and it has faded a bit, but definitely still noticeable, so I plan to do a second coat today and update you guys tomorrow or Monday. :-)
Some questions I was asked, by you guys! (P.S. these were from Instagram- I posted there first, so if you aren't following me, GO! @makupyourmind)
Q- Does it have a smell?
A- It has a slight smell- the initial smell just smells like any lotion. I did notice a tiny bit of a tanner smell but I didn't mind at all, it was very subtle.
Q- Does it rub off on your sheets?
A- No. Once it dried I put on light colored shorts, sat on a white blanket, and slept on my white sheets that night and it never rubbed off.
Q- How long does it last? A- Like I said, I applied Wednesday, and today is Saturday and I still notice slight color. I'd say 4-5 days with one coat. Probably longer but I've shaved and showered every day since then.
Q- Does it fade naturally?
A- Yes. I've had tans before that made me speckly and dirty looking when they fade. This honestly just looks like less color, with no unevenness or "dots" like I've seen before.
Q- Where can I buy it?
A- You can order directly from THIS LINK or you can contact Kristin Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for pictures of my second application.. I'll post an update with my final thoughts!
this was a random face/lip combo I whipped up this weekend and thought I'd
share with all the products I used.
face primer - Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer [here] foundation - Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation [here] concealer under eyes - Anti-Dark Circle Roller [here] powder - Neutrogena Shine Control Powder [here] bronzer - Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matt Bronzer in Chocolate [here] eyes primer - Urban Decay Primer Potion [here] shadow - Tarte Poppy Picnic Palette [here] **I absolutely love this palette and hope to review it soon.. its limited edition so go pick one up asap!
sweet tea in crease, outer corner, and middle of eye
summer breeze on brow bone and inner corner
ice cream cone in outer corner
eyeliner - Bare Minerals Lasting Line Liner in Always Charcoal [here] lower lashline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Mushroom [here] mascara - Maybelline Lash Sensational [here] lower lashline - Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal [here] **faaaaave lower lashline mascara of all time! brows - Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown [here] lips liner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide Glide On Lip Pencil in Liar [here] lipstick - MAC Blankety [here] ....LOVE!
If you're like me your friends, boyfriend/spouse, parents, sister/brother, etc are all asking you what you want for Christmas. and the obvious answer is, of course, MAKEUP. you know you've been wanting that palette or mascara, and now is the time of year when you don't have to pay for it. So make a Sephora or Ulta wishlist and pass it along. And if you're stumped, here are my ideas for a high-end Christmas wishlist:
1. The Naked Palettes - these will always remain favorites of mine. they're a great collection of earth-toned neutrals with a range of matte/pearl/shimmery shades, and a good balance between warm and cool tones. if I had to choose I'd tell you to pick the original Naked palette or Naked 2. Naked 3 has mostly pinks and isn't that great for beginners. See my review here. (retail at $54 each)
2. High End Mascaras - the three pictured are my absolute favorites that I repurchase often. Urban Decay Perversion ($22), Benefit They're Real ($23), and Tarte Lights, Camera, Action ($20). These are all great for different reasons, and tomorrow I'm going to do a post comparing the 3! Stay tuned!
3. High End Primers - I never used to be a primer girl, but I've been having some major skin issues lately and foundation is pretty much keeping me sane. and in order to hide my bad skin and scars (yes. scars. never had that problem. I am a mess.) primers have been VITAL to keeping my foundation long-lasting. I've been using these two over and over and love them both and definitely think that they're worth the investment. The first is Benefit POREfessional ($31) and Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Pore Minimizing Primer ($39). Expensive but SO worth it.
4. Lorac Pro Palette - another well-loved palette. this one is great because the entire top row is matte shades, and the bottom is shimmery/pearl shades. these colors are so pigmented and allow you to make tons of different looks. see my more in-depth review here.
5. IT Cosmetics Brushes for Ulta, 'Your Superheroes' Set - I love IT brushes, and before they were hard to find unless you ordered from QVC or online-retailers; but now they have created a line for Ulta and I was so excited to get my hands on them! This set includes a powder, foundation, crease, concealer, shadow, and a brow/liner brush. Its a great set with pretty much everything you need and only retails at $50!
I hope this gave you some ideas! I'd love to hear what's on your holiday wish list :)