Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Favorite Fall Nails

As soon as it gets a tiny bit cold outside, my nails go from neon pink, to taupe, or grey, or even black. Its one of my favorite things about style in the colder months, fall nails! And I love nothing more than a good accent nail. So here's my compilation of the best nail colors and trends for Fall 2013!

[none of these photos are mine. I tried to give original credit when possible, although a lot are from Pinterest with no link to original source]


Black + leopard. I could never do the leopard myself, so I'm on the hunt for the perfect decal!


Taupe + Gold Sparkle. (Taupe color looks a lot of "You Don't Know Jacques" by OPI.)

black, cool, nail art, nails

studded  nails
Studded Nails. It is very possible to go overboard with the studs, spikes, and rhinestones. But I do think its a fun, edgy way to dress up your nails. You can't go wrong by adding a simple stud to each nail, or maybe a couple to an accent nail. And don't fall prey to the super-pricey special "nail studs" you may find online or in beauty stores, check out your local craft store for inspiration!


[source]
Deep plum hues. This is "Bahama Mama" by Essie. Try OPI's "Miami Beet" for a similar color.



Matte black. There are also all kinds of ways to play around with matte black polish. See here, here, & here.



Navy + Gold. I predict this color combo will be huge this fall. So be on the lookout for the perfect navy (I really like Butter London's "Royal Navy"). Carry this look into the summer with some white or red accents for a more nautical feel.



[source]
Dark grey. I personally love the gold accent with this, but I think this deep charcoal can stand alone. I believe this color is called "Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine" by OPI.

nail art tutorial
[source]
I am loving round nails right now! These are so cute
ネオンカラー☆ : 表参道・銀座ネイルサロンtriciaのネイリスト達~カルジェルも♪バイオジェルも♪スカルプも♪
Round Nails. To be completely honest, I am SO over the stiletto nail trend. But I do love a simple, round, non-claw-like round nail. I think it looks super classy, on-trend, and much more manageable!


Nude Nails. Don't underestimate the simplicity of a nude nail. If you like some extra bling, add some sparkle to the tips, or do a glittery accent. I think my favorite thing this fall is wearing nude, muted colors, with just a tiny bit of sparkle!

So what is your favorite fall nail trend? What will you be trying? Have you seen any good trends lately that I missed? Let me know with a comment below! 
-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment