Saturday, January 23, 2016

Your Best Winter Skin



I'm currently feeling extremely nostalgic for summer. For tons of reasons, but specifically my summer skin!! For the longest time I'd cringe when I get out of the shower. I'm dry and itchy and its not cute. I've been longing for tan, hydrated, smooth skin. But I think I've finally got this winter skin thing down, and I thought I'd share the products I've been loving.

1. A HUMIDIFIER!
This may seem a little silly but its probably the most important. In the winter my skin is dry, my eyes are dry, my throat.. e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. And its all caused by the dry air. So putting moisture back in the air helps tremendously. The one I use is made by Vicks (like the vapor rub) but any humidifier will do. And if you don't have the money to invest, boil a pot of water with a bit of salt (or epsom salt) and hold your head over the steam for a while. You'll notice a huge difference.

2. An exfoliating scrub
I use this one from Arbonne. Not only does it exfoliate but it has super hydrating oils in it that leave your skin feeling super smooth. I use it to shave and its amazing. Read more about it here

3. A good razor
In the past I've used disposable razors and yes they are convenient because they are much cheaper than buying blade refills, you can buy them in bulk, and you can just toss them when they get old. But I have never used a cheap razor without having that intense itchy, dry, razor burn feeling after. I eventually invested in a good razor, Gillette Venus Embrace, and it really changed the way I shave. The two strips above and below the blades are super moisturizing and its like applying a layer of lotion after you shave. Once you try a good razor with good blades that hydrates your skin at the same time, you'll never use a disposable again. 

4. A body butter 
Scents are more important to me than anything so which body butter you choose is up to you. I just prefer something that doesn't leave me feeling greasy, but, instead soaks into my skin and leaves long-lasting hydrating. Try Bliss Body Butter in Lemon + Sage or Philosophy Amazing Grace Whipped Body Creme for a fresher scent. 

5. Lip Exfoliator 
Don't forget your lips! It took me forever to hunt this bad boy (e.l.f. lip exfoliator) down because apparently they're pretty popular. When I finally snagged one at Target, I fell in love, and now I buy one whenever I see it because I use it a lot! Its shaped like a lipstick which makes for super easy application. It has real sugar in it which makes it taste super sweet (which is a huge bonus) and sloths off all the yucky dead skin while leaving your lips smooth and soft. Go buy one, right now.

Do you have any go-to products for the winter that you can't live without? Tell me!
xo, katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment