Monday, December 1, 2014

High-End Holiday Wishlist

Happy December, everyone! 

If you're like me your friends, boyfriend/spouse, parents, sister/brother, etc are all asking you what you want for Christmas. and the obvious answer is, of course, MAKEUP. you know you've been wanting that palette or mascara, and now is the time of year when you don't have to pay for it. So make a Sephora or Ulta wishlist and pass it along. And if you're stumped, here are my ideas for a high-end Christmas wishlist:



1. The Naked Palettes - these will always remain favorites of mine. they're a great collection of earth-toned neutrals with a range of matte/pearl/shimmery shades, and a good balance between warm and cool tones. if I had to choose I'd tell you to pick the original Naked palette or Naked 2. Naked 3 has mostly pinks and isn't that great for beginners. See my review here. (retail at $54 each)

2. High End Mascaras - the three pictured are my absolute favorites that I repurchase often. Urban Decay Perversion ($22), Benefit They're Real ($23), and Tarte Lights, Camera, Action ($20). These are all great for different reasons, and tomorrow I'm going to do a post comparing the 3! Stay tuned!

3. High End Primers - I never used to be a primer girl, but I've been having some major skin issues lately and foundation is pretty much keeping me sane. and in order to hide my bad skin and scars (yes. scars. never had that problem. I am a mess.) primers have been VITAL to keeping my foundation long-lasting. I've been using these two over and over and love them both and definitely think that they're worth the investment. The first is Benefit POREfessional ($31) and Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Pore Minimizing Primer ($39). Expensive but SO worth it. 

4. Lorac Pro Palette - another well-loved palette. this one is great because the entire top row is matte shades, and the bottom is shimmery/pearl shades. these colors are so pigmented and allow you to make tons of different looks. see my more in-depth review here

5. IT Cosmetics Brushes for Ulta, 'Your Superheroes' Set - I love IT brushes, and before they were hard to find unless you ordered from QVC or online-retailers; but now they have created a line for Ulta and I was so excited to get my hands on them! This set includes a powder, foundation, crease, concealer, shadow, and a brow/liner brush. Its a great set with pretty much everything you need and only retails at $50!

I hope this gave you some ideas! I'd love to hear what's on your holiday wish list :) 
-Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment