Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Drugstore Makeup Favorites: The Best of CoverGirl & Rimmel

Today I'll be wrapping up the Drugstore Makeup Favorites series and I decided to combine the last two, CoverGirl and Rimmel, all in one post, but separate sections. Here we go! 

1. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara 
This is definitely in my list of best mascaras. It does exactly what it claims to do, crushes clumps. It has a fine toothed brush that separates lashes. I also really love this for my bottom lashes because it manages to coat them completely (they're blonde, so that's important) without making a mess or causing them to clump all together. I also like this mascara as a second coat to go over another mascara to 'crush' any clumps and separate. Overall a great product and I will continue to buy it over and over.

2. CoverGirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation
This is my absolute favorite foundation.. ever. Yep. I said it. I'm not sure if I've given too many foundation recommendations on my blog, mainly because I think foundation is super subjective- it depends on your skin, your skill level, the brush you use, etc. But in MY opinion, this is the best foundation I own and what works best for me. It claims to be a primer, foundation, and concealer all in one (hence the 3-in-1) and although I do still use a concealer when I use this foundation I think it lives up to its claim. It keeps my oil at bay, has great coverage, and is very long lasting. I have yet to find a foundation with coverage this great that doesn't make me look cakey.

3. CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner
Well, speaking of "my favorite ever" this is my favorite eyeliner ever. I have mentioned before that I've used this eyeliner since I first started wearing makeup at 14/15. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't seem to find anything else I like as much as this liner. It goes on so smooth. The line is always, as the name states, perfect and smooth and it doesn't smudge on me (although I've heard others say it does on them, I've never had that problem). I use black onyx on my top lash line daily. 


1. Rimmel Finish Lipstick - Kate Moss Collection
I'll admit it. I mainly bought these because they said "Kate" on them which is my name. I'm a sucker for packaging anyway.. So I could resist a matte black tube with my name on it! :-) But soon I grew to love them for more than the packaging. These lipsticks are extremely creamy and opaque. I mentioned #14 in My Favorite Lip Products post and it definitely is my favorite from this collection; however the red is SO vibrant and I love the variety and uniqueness of their colors. 

2. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Eyeliner in 'Nude'
I wanted to include this liner specifically in nude because its hard to come by many nude liners great for your waterline. I've always heard of and experimented with using a light flesh-toned liner for your waterline to make your eyes seem bigger and more open, but I could never find the right liner. The closest I could find was a taupe shade that was too dark, or a white which just didn't look natural. But then Rimmel came out with their Scandal Eyes Kohl Liners and I ran out and bought the nude one right after I saw this post on Pinterest. It lasts all day, is waterproof, and goes on super smooth! 

3. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
I'm sure if you're a regular reader you're sick of hearing about this powder. I talk about it all the time and mention it in any and all blog post that include any of my favorite products. I go through a ton of these, but it really doesn't matter because its so cheap! I have tried other setting powders, at all different price points, and I continuously keep going back to this one because its the only one that makes the cut. It keeps me from being shiny, it doesn't make my face cakey or powdery at all, and is one of my all-time favorite drugstore buys ever. If you have any issue with oiliness and want to 'stay matte'.. pick this up RIGHT NOW!

As you can see, some of my favorite makeup products ever are from these two brands. My 'best of' list in this post may not be the longest, but the products that I do like, I love. The CoverGirl eyeliner and foundation and the Rimmel powder are staples in my makeup collection and I rarely leave home without them. Do you have any favorites from these lines that I didn't include? Let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment