Monday, October 21, 2013

Have you met Matt(e)?

I have been waiting to get my hands on this palette for a while. The Meet Matte(e) Nude palette is by The Balm, which isn't available in many retail locations. I found mine on HauteLook for a whopping $16, although it retails for way more than that.


Here are the deets:

Where to find it: thebalm.com or in some retails stores like select Nordstoms or Macys. You can also join HauteLook and wait for it to go on sale.
Retail price: $42
What is it? 9 large matte eyeshadows in nude shades, adorably all sharing the same name, "Matt"

-Don't confuse this with the old "Meet Matt(e)" palette- this one is the nude palette, with different colors, and the shadows, along with the palette itself, are MUCH larger (hence the "size matters")
-The Meet Matt(e) Nude palette also contains a nice, large mirror



First of all, the colors are so versatile. The perfect neutrals, or 'nudes', for everyone. I love the variety of colors. Each color is very different, yet they each work together in their own way. Here's a breakdown: 

Matt Johnson: a cool-toned gray; can look almost blue in some lighting
Matt Garcia: medium brown with a reddish undertone
Matt Malloy: without a doubt, my favorite shadow in the palette. an extremely creamy, opaque white
Matt Rosen: warm medium brown; perfect crease color
Matt Wood: a very deep neutral brown; could even be used as a liner
Matt Singh: peachy colored nude; almost the same color as my skin tone
Matt Abdul: a light-medium greyish taupe; looks almost blue on my skin though
Matt Lombardi: my 2nd favorite; a creamy neutral beige-yellow mix
Matt Hung: medium taupe, with a slight purple undertone

(Swatched in the same order as the palette)
L-R: Matt Johnson - Matt Garcia - Matt Malloy

Matt Rosen - Matt Wood - Matt Singh
Matt Abdul - Matt Lombardi - Matt Hung


My overall thought: the shadows are great. For the most part they are so creamy (especially Matt Malloy). Matt Wood and Matt Johnson can be a tiny bit chalky, but are still great shadows. The colors are extremely blendable, and work really well together. Matt Malloy and Matt Lombardi are the 2 lightest shades of the palette, and are surprisingly the most opaque. I was shocked at how smoothly they go on. My first time applying Matt Malloy I actually had to take my finger and wipe a tiny bit off because it was so white on my eyes! I don't really have any complaints. The palette is the perfect size for on-the-go, the mirror is amazing, and there isn't really one shadow I wont see myself using. I definitely suggest picking it up, as it is a great day-to-night palette.

So that's it! I hope this helped, and I hope you come for reviews in the future! If you have any questions, ask away :)
-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment