Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My First StitchFix!

So I signed up for Stitch Fix a few weeks ago after hearing some good and bad things about it. I decided I needed to see for myself. I got my first Fix a few days ago and, although this isn't exactly makeup related, I know a lot of people were curious so I thought I'd share :-)

When singing up you get to answer lots of questions about your body, body type, what you're comfortable showing off, what you'd like to hide, and then elaborate a bit more on what your style is. I made it clear that I'm more edgy/casual and less preppy/dressy/frilly. I stick to basic, solid colors (aka, I always wear black, gray, white, brown, and maybe green). I was also able to attach a link to my style Pinterest board so she could get a feel for what I'm into.

So.. without elaborating too much, I'll just show what I got.

Pixley Vyner Fringe Top - $64

Pixley Seanna Split Back Knit Tank - $44

Market & Spruce Corby Knit Tee - $38
Kut From The Kloth Distressed Boyfriend Jean - $78 (picture on right)
** the jeans in the first 2 pictures are my own jeans from Express, not my Stitch Fix jeans. 

Marlyn Schiff Atalaya Double Layer Triangle Necklace - $38

Here's how it goes..
• you sign up here
• then fill out your profile. its very specific on what you like, don't like, what you don't mind showing off, what you'd like to hide, how you like things to fit, etc. 
• they set you up with a designer (mine's name is Meredith) and schedule your fix
• you wait :-)
• when your fix arrives, you look at it, try it on, then have 3 days to make a decision. once you decide, you login to your account, "checkout", which means you tell them what you're keeping and what you're returning, there are some optional questions on fit, style, etc so your designer can get to know you better, then you return what you don't want in a prepaid package and send it back! you only pay for what you keep :-)
• there is a $20 'stylist fee'. this means, if you decide to return all of it, you still have to pay $20; however, if you keep anything the $20 goes toward the item(s) as a credit. If you decide to keep all 5 items, you receive 25% off your purchase.

The Verdict:
I only kept the necklace (lol) ONLY because I didn't 100% love any of it, so I didn't want to spend the money on things I wasn't in love with; however, I'm optimistic and can't wait until next month (just got an email that its scheduled for August 3)

My Thoughts
- I didn't hate any of it. I seriously considered keeping all of it, but like I said, I didn't love it.

- None of the items were things I would pick out or try on in a store, for various reasons. These are items I would assume wouldn't look good on my body (I pride myself on the fact that I'm a really good judge of what will look good on me..); however, I was actually pleasantly surprised, and it taught me to be more open minded.

- The only thing I hated were the boyfriend jeans. I've never tried them on for a reason. They look awful. It takes a really hot person to pull them off, and I'm not one of them lol

- my items were a bit expensive, however, I blame myself because when filling out the questionnaire, they give you price range options. I opted for the medium range one, instead of marking "the cheaper the better" (because I don't necessarily want cheap clothes) but for the record, there is the option. 

Although I didn't keep a lot this time, I actually loved the overall experience. It was very simple and fun and I think I'm really going to be pleased once my stylist 'gets' me a little more. 
xo katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment